- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of Macellum Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 chopped stalk celery
- 2 cloves and 1 chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- 5 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, “no-chicken” broth or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat butter and Macellum Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat until the butter melts. Add onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme (or parsley); cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
2. Stir in carrots. Add water and broth; bring to a lively simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook until very tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Stir in half-and-half (if using), salt and pepper.