Roasted Cherry Tomato Caprese
- 4 servings
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup Macellum extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces fresh buffalo or cow mozzarella (about 1 ball), room temperature, torn into large pieces
- Flaky sea salt
- Country-style bread, brushed with oil, toasted in oven (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss tomatoes, thyme, garlic, and Macellum olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet to coat and season lightly with kosher salt. Spread out in a single layer and roast until tomatoes are bursting and lightly browned, 40–45 minutes; let cool.
- Arrange mozzarella on a platter and spoon warm tomato mixture with juices over; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with olive-oil-toasted bread for soaking up all those extra juices.
- Tomatoes can be roasted 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Gently reheat before using.